Whether you are looking for ideas to create a course on or ideas to take a course on, this list will surely make you inspired in both ways.
For course creators
If you want to create a course, but you just don’t have any ideas, do check the list below and think through what topic resonates with you. What are some of the topics that you are already passionate about?
The list will help you see what is already out there and also give you a view on what people are paying for. All of the courses listed are ones that have plenty of customers and students already enrolled.
So you can see this list also as a course idea validator.
For course takers
If you are wondering what online courses are there and what could you learn with online courses. This list will show you plenty of examples. Some of the course topics might seem weird, but trust me, this list has been created from data that is already out there.
This list covers only courses that are already taken by plenty of students, and that has good ratings.
Before you check the online course ideas
The list is long but easy to go through. I’ve categorized the list into different topics, and from each topic, you can surely find plenty of inspiration.
This list was created with highly detailed research so you can take this list as a proof-of-concept. These courses are already available, and students love these.
You can highlight the course name and search it through Google, and you will probably (if it’s still available) find the course mentioned in the list.
List of online course categories
- Photography & film making
- Health and personal development
- Design, illustration, and drawing
- Coding, UX/UI design, and IT & Software
- web development
Photography & film making
Photography is a vast niche, just like the rest of the niches in this list. Photography offers so many different courses, from camera settings to landscape photography. How about black and white photography.
- Documentary Photography: Capturing Places and People
- Fundamentals of Photo Editing
- iPhone Photography: How to Take Pro Photos On Your iPhone
- Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro for Beginners
- DIY Cinematography: Make Your Video Look Like a Movie
- Create a Short Documentary Video Portrait
- Street Photography: Capture the Life of Your City
- Photo Editing: Cinematic Styles in Adobe Camera Raw
- Photography Masterclass: A Complete Guide to Photography
- Premiere Pro CC for Beginners: Video Editing in Premiere
- Portrait Photography and Posing For Photographers
- VIDEO STORYTELLING. Creative Excellence Class
- Night Photography: You Can Shoot Stunning Night Photos
- Make Epic Videos for the Internet!
- The Art of Black and White Photography
- EasyDSLR Digital Photography Course for Beginners
- Photography Beginners: DSLR Photography Camera Settings
- The Art of Figure to Ground: Photography’s untaught secret
- Premiere Pro Lumetri: Color Correct like a Pro
- Complete Filmmaker Guide: Become an Incredible Video Creator
- Take Better Photos of Your Art and Illustrations
- Cityscape Photography: Shooting with Symmetry and Perspective
- Instagram-Worthy Photography: Shoot, Edit & Share with Brandon Woelfel
- Lifestyle Photography – Immersive Storytelling with Albums
- Photography Essentials – Understanding the Basics
- Learn to Shoot Beautiful Natural Light Headshots
- Nature Photography: Recharge and Enjoy the Outdoors
- Smartphone Photography for Instagram Success: Capturing Stunning Lifestyle Photos With Your Phone
- DIY Flatlay Photography Backgrounds
- Fundamentals of Lightroom II: Editing and Post Processing
The business area covers courses related to technology, learning to use some software, or creating a social buzz around you and your business. Also, leadership and project management falls under this category.
- Excel 2016 Essential Training
- Leadership Foundations
- Online Marketing Foundations
- Time Management Fundamentals
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- SEO Foundations
- 32 Ways to Make Extra Money
- Project Management Foundations
- Excel Essential Training (Office 365)
- Management Foundations (2013)
- Learning GDPR
- Marketing Foundations
- Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Management
- Power BI Essential Training
- Agile at Work: Driving Productive Agile Meetings
- The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2019
- Data Science A-Z™: Real-Life Data Science Exercises Included
- Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI
- R Programming A-Z™: R For Data Science With Real Exercises!
- PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6
- Tableau 10 A-Z: Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
- Writing With Flair: How To Become An Exceptional Writer
- Beginner to Pro in Excel: Financial Modeling and Valuation
- The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop – Tame your Big Data!
- Become a Product Manager | Learn the Skills & Get the Job
- The Complete Financial Analyst Training & Investing Course
- Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
- Landing Page Design & Conversion Rate Optimization 2018
Health and personal development
If you are interested in keeping yourself fit and healthy, these are some of the courses available online. Also, if you are planning a course that is related to health, these might inspire you to forward with your idea.
This list also covers personal development, which I think is the single most important aspect of any education. How else can you improve yourself if not knowing yourself?
- Neuroplasticity: How To Rewire Your Brain
- Mindfulness Practitioner Course (Level I, II, III & Master)
- Master your brain: Neuroscience for personal development
- Crystal Reiki Master/Teacher Certification
- NLP Master Practitioner Certificate (Advanced to Expert)
- 10X Effective Learning: Speed Reading & Memory Booster
- 2020 Complete Public Speaking Masterclass For Every Occasion
- Your 7 Chakras: The Complete Guide to Your Energy Body
- Professional Life Coach Certification & Guide (Accredited)
- Radiate Confidence: How to Create a 1000 Watt Presence
- The Secrets of Body Language
- Value Investing Bootcamp: How to Invest Wisely
- How to Be Psychic – Psychic Development for Beginners
- Management Skills: New Manager Training in Essential Skills
- Successful Negotiation: Master Your Negotiating Skills
- 10X POWER Focus: Maximize Your Brain
- Investing Success: Learn Keys From A Millionaire Investor!
- Psychic Abilities and Increased Intuition with EFT (Tapping)
- Goal Setting to Success: Life Coach Certification Accredited
- Personal Branding Mastery: The System To Reinvent Yourself!
- Everyday Parenting: The ABC’s of Child Rearing
- Medical Neuroscience
- Implant Dentistry
- Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills
- Introduction to Breast Cancer
- Introduction to Psychology
- Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life
- Improving your statistical inferences
Design, illustration, and drawing
Graphic design, creating illustrations or drawing digitally or traditionally. This list covers courses for artists and creative persons. If you want to learn how to use Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator, or if you are interested in calligraphy or logo design, this course category suits you the best.
- Lineart Mastery
- Intro to Surface Pattern Design: Learn Adobe Illustrator
- The Beginner’s Guide to Animating Custom GIFs
- Graphic Illustration: Boldly Design with Color and Shape
- Logotype Masterclass with Jessica Hische
- Learn Photoshop: Fundamentals for Getting Started
- Mastering Logo Design: Gridding with the Golden Ratio
- Dynamic Brand Identity: Designing Logos That Evolve
- Introduction to Book Cover Design: Making Stories Visual
- Illustrated Lettering: Drawing Intricate Floral Forms
- Creative Digital Illustration: Learn to Use Adobe Fresco
- Illustrator Basics: The Pen & Pencil Tools
- Digital Illustration: Learn to Use Procreate
- Calligraphy Essentials: From First Script to Final Flourish
- Character Illustration: Drawing Faces, Figures & Clothing
- Illustrating in Procreate: Drawing a Shareable Timelapse
- Drawing as Self Discovery: 5 Ways to Start
- The Ultimate Drawing Course – Beginner to Advanced
- The Complete Figure Drawing Course HD
- Learn 3D Animation – The Ultimate Blender Guide
- Photoshop CS6 Crash Course
- Complete Blender Creator: Learn 3D Modelling for Beginners
- Character Art School: Complete Character Drawing Course
- Illustrator CC 2019 MasterClass
- Ultimate Photoshop Training: From Beginner to Pro
- UX & Web Design Master Course: Strategy, Design, Development
- After Effects CC 2019: Complete Course from Novice to Expert
- Graphic Design Bootcamp: Part 1
- Anatomy for Figure Drawing: Mastering the Human Figure
- Character Art School: Complete Coloring and Painting Course
- Creating 3D environments in Blender
Who doesn’t love marketing? I mean, it’s so full of nuances and different tactics and strategies and whatnot. I think marketing is awesome, not because you get to make money with marketing, but because you are making a difference.
When marketing is done right, you can impact lives in the right way, not by taking money out of someone’s pocket but by giving them something exceptional in exchange for that money. And marketing enables you to do that.
- SEO Today: Strategies to Earn Trust, Rank High, and Stand Out
- Instagram Best Practices: Grow Your Community, Work with Brands
- Social Media Marketing: Top Tips for Growing Your Followers & Going Viral
- NEW Branding for Entrepreneurs: Building an Aspirational Brand in the Instagram Era
- How to Automate Your Social Media Marketing
- A Primer in Monetizing Your Creative Passion | Learn with Patreon
- Instagram Ads: Reach 10,000+ People w. $5
- How To Build a Lead Generating Sales Funnel for Coaches & Consultants
- Introduction to Video Marketing: Plan, Produce & Publish to Drive Results
- Social Media for the Creative Entrepreneur: Exposure, Tips, and Pros & Cons
- Becoming an Instagram Influencer: Creating Authentic Content and Monetizing Your Following
- Introduction to SEO: Tactics and Strategy for Entrepreneurs
- Context is Key: Social Media Strategy in a Noisy Online World
- Introduction to Social Media Strategy | Learn with Buffer
- Storytelling for Leaders: How to Craft Stories That Matter
- Personal Branding: Crafting Your Social Media Presence
- Instagram Marketing 2020: A Step-By-Step to 10,000 Followers
- Ultimate Google Ads / AdWords Course 2018 – Profit With PPC!
- Facebook Ads & Facebook Marketing MASTERY 2019
- Social Media Marketing MASTERY | Learn Ads on 10+ Platforms
- Google Analytics Certification: Become Certified & Earn More
- SEO 2019: Complete SEO Training + SEO for WordPress Websites
- ClickBank Success – Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- YouTube Masterclass – Your Complete Guide to YouTube
- Instagram Marketing 2020: Grow from 0 to 40k in 4 months
- The Complete Copywriting Course: Write To Sell in 2019
- Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z: 12 Courses in 1 + Updates
- Modern Copywriting: Writing copy that sells in 2019
- Digital Marketing Masterclass: Get Your First 1,000 Customers
- How to Create Animated Videos with Powerpoint
- Content Marketing Masterclass: Create Content That Sells
- Ultimate Web Content Writing Masterclass+Power words eBook
- Google Ads (AdWords) Essential Training
- Advertising on Facebook
- Social Media Marketing: ROI
- Marketing Tools: SEO
- Marketing for Small Business
- Spotting Logo Trends
- Advertising on Twitter
- Content Marketing: Newsletters
- Social Media Marketing Foundations
- Content Marketing Foundations
- YouTube Tips Weekly
Coding, UX/UI design, and IT & Software
If you are into web development, creating and building software, designing a user interface, or improving user experience. This category is for you.
The below list has some of the best coding courses you can get and also courses that aid you in becoming a pro in cybersecurity.
- CompTIA A+ 2019 Certification 1001. The Total Course
- Cisco CCNA 200-125 – The Complete Guide to Getting Certified
- Practical PLC Programming (PLC II)
- Data Structures & Algorithms!
- AZ-203 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Exam Prep
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Course
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate 2019
- The Complete Wireshark Course: Go from Beginner to Advanced!
- Linux Shell Scripting: A Project-Based Approach to Learning
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate 2019
- The Complete Cybersecurity Course: Hackers Exposed!
- Introduction to HTML
- Learn Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Learn Beautiful Soup, a popular Python library for web scraping.
- Learn Hardware Programming with CircuitPython
- Game Development with Phaser.JS
- Machine Learning
- Introduction to Blockchain
- Introduction to Alexa
- Conversational Design with Alexa
- Introduction to jQuery
- Ruby on Rails: Authentication
- SQL: Table Transformation
- SQL: Analyzing Business Metrics
- Learn the Watson API
- Programming Foundations: Fundamentals
- Programming Foundations: Algorithms
- Programming Foundations: Object-Oriented Design
- Node.js Essential Training
- Introduction to Web APIs
- Python Essential Training
- Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platforms
- SQL Essential Training
While coding and web development can have the same kind of courses, this category is dedicated to especially courses related to the web.
- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3
- The Complete Android N Developer Course
- Learn How To Code: Google’s Go (golang) Programming Language
- iOS 13 & Swift 5 – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
- iOS 11 & Swift 4 – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
- Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations, and More!
- The Web Developer Bootcamp
- Java Programming Masterclass for Software Developers
- Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games
- Angular 8 – The Complete Guide (2019+ Edition)
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
- Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games
- Modern React with Redux [2019 Update]
- React – The Complete Guide (incl Hooks, React Router, Redux)
- The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications
- The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
- Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3
- CSS Essentials: Getting Started with CSS Grid
- Creative Coding: Animating SVG with Simple CSS Code
- Understanding Web Development: A Beginners Guide to the Web
- Hand-Code Your First Website: HTML + CSS Basics
- Web Development Fundamentals: HTML & CSS
- PSD to Bootstrap 4: Turn your web design into a web page
- Webflow for Beginners
- Web Design Projects: Build a Freelance Website Template From Scratch Using HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP
- Responsive Web Development: HTML & CSS for Web Designers
- The Ultimate HTML Developer
- MongoDB 4.0 Essentials for Beginners: NOSQL Database Basics
- Full Stack Web Development for Beginners- Part 1: HTML, CSS, Responsive Design
- Hand-Coding Your First Website: HTML and CSS Basics (Original)
- CSS Masterclass: the only CSS course you’ll ever need to take.
- Demystifying Artificial Intelligence: Understanding Machine Learning
A final note
Even though the list is huge, the main points are these: there’s a course for everyone, and there’s a course for every topic imaginable.
If you are creating a course, you can think of this list as proof that people buy these courses. You can also see it as something of an inspiration for naming your course.
As these courses are selling, it means that there’s room for your course to succeed as well. You might want to search these courses and see how you can make something bigger, better, and more comprehensive.
If you are one that is looking to buy a course but you just don’t find the right words to describe what it could be. This list might open you to ideas that you might not have thought about before.
The web is filled with online courses, and I’m one of those who like to consume online courses whenever a need is for one. If there’s some struggle that I have or a problem that I’m not able to solve, an online course is a fantastic option for solving those issues.